1. What are UTV's customer support hours?
Customer Support hours are Mondays thru Fridays, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time (holidays excluded);
Technical Support hours are Mondays thru Fridays, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time (holidays excluded).
2. How can I sign up for UTV service?
To sign up for UTV, you can:
a. Visit our Website at www.umgtv.com
b. Call our Customer Service Center at 1-415-3338888, or
c. Sign up at any one of our Authorized UTV Dealers across the USA.
3. Must I commit to a one-year subscription in order to become a UTV subscriber?
Yes, and for your 12 month commitment we will waive the cost (Suggested retail value:$70.00) of the UTV Receiver.
4. Is there a registration or activation fee?
Yes, there is a one-time, non-refundable activation fee of $50.00 for your new UTV subscription. This fee covers your UTV Receiver preparation, programming, activation.
5. Do you require a deposit for the UTV Receiver?
No. However, if you fail to return the Receiver after 30 days of service termination, or if the Receiver is not returned in good working condition, you will be charged an additional amount of $70.00 (SRP) for the Receiver.
6. How much to you charge for shipping the UTV Receiver?
$9.99 for Shipping & Handling for the Set Top Box.
7. What other charges are there for UTV service?
There is no additional charge.
8. Will I be charged sales tax for my UTV service?
We are required to charge sales tax to subscribers residing in California for the UTV service. California monthly plan subscribers will be charged a one-time sales tax of $6.30 at sign up which is based on the UTV Receiver SRP of $70.00 x 9.00% sales tax rate (effective 04/01/2013). Sales tax applies to California residents only; there is no sales tax for residents outside California.
9. When does UTV start charging the first month's subscription fee?
Your first month's subscription fee will be billed and charged 30 days after the activation date of your UTV Receiver and every 30 days thereafter. We begin calculating your first month's subscription fee based on the activation date of your UTV Receiver.
10. What methods of payment does UTV accept?
UTV will only accept credit card and debit card payments (VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER).
11. Can I use someone else's credit card to sign up for UTV service?
Yes, we will accept a credit card under someone else's name to sign up for UTV. However, we must receive written authorization from the other person in order to process your UTV payments.
12. If I have lost my credit card and I haven't received my new card yet, how should I pay the monthly fee?
Please provide us with another credit card number as soon as possible, otherwise your UTV service will be suspended until payment is received.
13. How does UTV ship out the receivers and how long will it take?
UTV uses USPS (US Postal Service) First Class Delivery for shipping the UTV Receiver. You should normally receive it within 3 to 5 business days.
14. Can I come by your office and pick up the receiver in person?
Yes, you can pick up your new UTV Receiver at our South San Francisco, CA office during regular office hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Mondays through Fridays.
15. Is it possible to change to another UTV subscription plan within the 1 year contract period?
Yes. However, you can ONLY upgrade to a higher-tiered subscription plan at any time (downgrading to a lower-priced subscription plan is not allowed). Your upgrade to the new plan will begin the day after UTV approves your request. With the transfer of your account to a new plan, your subscription will continue for the remaining months of your original one-year commitment.
16. Is it possible to transfer an existing subscription agreement to another person?
No, transferring of an existing subscription plan to another person is not permitted.
17. What if I cancel my UTV subscription service prior to fulfilling my one-year contract?
First, you will need to place a 30-day notification to UTV and pay an early termination fee of $120. Also, you will need to return / ship your UTV Receiver to us within 2 weeks after the plan cancellation date. If you fail to return the Receiver after 30 days of termination, or if the Receiver is not returned in good working condition, your credit card will be charged a total of $70.00 (SRP) for the Receiver.
18. Do I need to do anything after completing my one-year contract to continue viewing UTV?
No. Upon fulfilling your one-year contract, you will be on a month to month subscription, and you don't need to do anything. However, you may receive an extra discount or extra benefits if you renew your contract for another 12 months instead of going to a month to month subscription.
19. What do I need to do if my one-year contract is about to end and I do not wish to continue the UTV service?
Please call our Customer Service at 1-415-3338888 and we would be happy to assist you.
20. Can I get additional UTV Receiver(s) for my home?
Your monthly subscription includes one (1) UTV Receiver at no additional charge. There is a limit of one UTV Receiver per account; each additional UTV Receiver for your home requires a separate UTV subscription.